October 29, 2011

Examine Your Risk Profile

Sorry about all of the econo-speak lately, but I think it’s necessary to at least have the necessary background out there as I say that the problems that have concerned me have not gone away. There are several parties that want people to think that they have gone away, but they haven’t. I’m not even sure that I blame the people who are trying to publicly soft-sell the problems IF I thought they were diligently working to fix the problems outside of the glare of the limelight. But I don’t believe that is the case.

Technically speaking, the stock market is looking OK. I would not be surprised to see the current rally go on for a few more months even. Additionally, with U.S. elections only 12 months away, I would expect politicians to do everything that they can to bolster the stock market. But the issue is the magnitude of the economic problems today, most prevalent in the European banking situation, but which could quickly spread to the U.S. banks. I continue to tell people to examine their risk profile and to make sure that you are cognizant of the risks out there and that you have your investment and retirement portfolios structured accordingly.

No comments: