FACT (FROM HIS MOUTH): May 2008 - he claimed that tornadoes in Kansas killed a whopping 10,000 people From his mouth: “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” The actual death toll: 12.
FACT (FROM HIS MOUTH): May 2008 - in Oregon, he redrew the map of the United States. “Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.” So we have 57 - 58 states, now?
FACT (FROM HIS MOUTH): In the week of May 11, 2008 in front of a roaring Sioux Falls, S.D., audience, Obama exulted: “Thank you, Sioux City. ... I said it wrong. I’ve been in Iowa for too long. I’m sorry.” Sioux City, Sioux Falls – what’s the difference?
FACT (FROM HIS MOUTH): Explaining in week of May 11, 2008 why he was trailing Hillary Clinton in Kentucky, Obama again botched basic geography: “Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it’s not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle.” On what map is Arkansas closer to Kentucky than Illinois?
FACT (FROM HIS MOUTH): Last March 2008, on the anniversary of the Bloody Sunday march in Selma, Ala., he claimed his parents united as a direct result of the civil rights movement: “There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Ala., because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.” Obama was born in 1961. The Selma march took place in 1965. His spokesman, Bill Burton, later explained that Obama was “speaking metaphorically about the civil-rights movement as a whole.”
FACT (FROM HIS MOUTH): In May 2008, in Cape Girardeau, Mo., Obama showed off his knowledge of the war in Afghanistan by homing in on a lack of translators: “We only have a certain number of them, and if they are all in Iraq, then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.” The real reason it’s “harder for us to use them” in Afghanistan: Iraqis speak Arabic or Kurdish. The Afghanis speak Pashto, Farsi, or other non-Arabic languages.
FACT (FROM HIS MOUTH): Over the weekend of May 18, 2008 in Oregon, Obama pleaded ignorance of the decades-old, multibillion-dollar massive Hanford nuclear-waste cleanup: “Here’s something that you will rarely hear from a politician, and that is that I’m not familiar with the Hanford, uuuuhh, site, so I don’t know exactly what’s going on there. (Applause.) Now, having said that, I promise you I’ll learn about it by the time I leave here on the ride back to the airport.” I assume on that ride, a staffer reminded him that he’s voted on at least one defense-authorization bill that addressed the “costs, schedules, and technical issues” dealing with the nation’s most contaminated nuclear-waste site.
FACT (FROM HIS MOUTH): In March 2008, the Chicago Tribune reported this little-noticed nugget about a fake autobiographical detail in Obama’s Dreams from My Father: “Then, there’s the copy of Life magazine that Obama presents as his racial awakening at age 9. In it, he wrote, was an article and two accompanying photographs of an African-American man physically and mentally scarred by his efforts to lighten his skin. In fact, the Life article and the photographs don’t exist, say the magazine’s own historians.”
FACT: there has been a pattern of Obama saying one thing on the campaign trail that was undercut by his advisers. We saw that when his economic adviser assured the Canadians that Obama wasn't really serious about the anti-NAFTA rhetoric he was spewing in Ohio.
FACT (FROM HIS MOUTH): On 5/23/08 Barack Obama spelled out his Latin America policy: Since the Bush Administration launched a misguided war in Iraq, its policy in the Americas has been negligent toward our friends, ineffective with our adversaries, disinterested in the challenges that matter in peoples' lives, and incapable of advancing our interests in the region. No wonder, then, that demagogues like Hugo Chavez have stepped into this vacuum. This is pathetic. Hugo Chavez came to power during the Clinton Administration, and was first elected President of Venezuela in 1998, two years before the Bush Administration took office. And speaking of being neglectful of our friends, he has ignored the Free Trade agreement with Colombia and sided with the Communist Party in the Honduras over an unlawful attempt to remain in office longer than their Constitution permits. But he has made FAST friends with Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro.
It isn't just a matter of errors in speech, in elementary history, or geography, or economics, or simple business practices. It is also in lying in matters where his dishonesty is obvious to any reasoning mind. He sat for 20 years in Wright's Cathedral of Black Liberation Gospel and never once observed an anti-American rant. Bill Ayers was just an acquaintance that he ran into occasionally in the neighborhood. He is a lover of Urdu poetry. Of Pushkin. These are simple-minded, flagrant lies. No person of intelligence would expose his inadequacies by such obvious lying.
And there is the desperation of his team to maintain total and complete silence on anything that relates to actual achievement: no scholastic records at any level. All "lost". No reference to his performance as a manager in Ayers Annenberg Challenge debacle. No quotes from his publications in Chicago's black newspaper.
And the dim-witted things he does in foreign relations. Gives the Queen of England an ipod of his speeches. A full bow from the waist to an Arab potentate whose high state is totally due to sitting on an ocean of oil. Endlessly criticizing his predecessor. Cottoning up to communist bana public tin-pot Jefes. These are not the acts of an intelliigent person, aware of his world stature. His rhetoric, delivered with great panache and air of plausibiliy, does not stand up well to fair analysis. It is largely elaborate platitude.
The aggregation of all these revealing clues of a second-class mind, of great limitations in wisdom and probity, of a lack of sound reasoning and judgment in areas critical to good governance and leadership, makes claims of an IQ of 145 (approaching that of Einstein), or of being the smartest guy ever to be President, laughable.
FACT (FROM HIS MOUTH): Has anyone else noticed that President Obama always uses "a" instead of "an" in front of words beginning with a vowel? This consistent mistake makes me question the education he received in the United States. If his biggest role model was his intelligent guardian grandmother, how could he not have picked up on this basic English rule for speaking and writing?
1. It is known that Obama did not take AP courses in high school. Thus his GPA (even with straight A's) would not be competitive with those who took AP's and did even reasonably well. For example, I took AP history, physics, english, and introductory calculus. This put us in a far more competitive position, GPA-wise. But, not to worry, if one is applying to Occidental. Their tradition has been (and continues to be) that there "is no set formula or minimum criteria that will ensure admission." Of the hundreds of schools to choose from, Obama chose from the much shorter list of quasi A-level schools whose admission policy is not centered around pesky things like GPA's and SAT's. Hmmm.
2. Next we move on to Columbia, where (surprise!) there is "no minimum grade point average, class rank or SAT/ACT score one must obtain in order to secure admission." This is wonderful news to those who perhaps shunned the plastic penholder for the plastic beer cup but were nevertheless involved in all manner of worthy extra-curricular pursuits, but alas, it doesn't seem that Obama had much to go on in that department either, unless of course you count his involvement with Students For Economic Democracy at Occidental. What a coincidence! It's a relative of Billy Ayer's old group, the SDS. Hmmm again.
3. We do know that getting into Harvard Law without having an honors level undergrad is quite rare. In building on what appears to be a theme, we also know that Obama did not graduade with honors from Columbia. However, with the help Khalid al-Mansour, Obama was accepted. Hmmm, Hmmm, and Hmmm.
These facts raise a plethora of questions and issues, but there is one thing they absolutely do not confer: the notion that Obama is highly intelligent.
No, this man is not propelled by intelligence. It is guile.
acted silly, not acted sillily
acted creepy, not acted creepily
acted tired, not acted tiredly
acted upset, not upsetly
acted hungry, not hungrily
We do this because in this case, these words are states-of-being. There is a hidden phrase in there: What we are actually saying is, "He acted (as if he were) upset." "He acted (as if he were) silly." He acted (as if he were) crazy, (as if he were) tired," "(as if he were hungry")
So why does BO get away with saying the police "acted stupidly"? Seems like he was really saying the police officer acted (as if he were) stupid," not stupidly -- which is almost like calling the officer "stupid," it seems -- or else wouldn't have acted as if he were.
FACT (FROM HIS MOUTH): Obama consistently uses bad English grammar when speaking.
NOTE: It is Substandard English to say "between he and I' -- the correct phrasing should be "between him and me" -- he used the wrong case after the preposition BETWEEN.
Obama used the nominative case of the prepositional pronouns "he" and "I" instead of using the Objective case forms "him" and "me."
HEH. THE DUMBING DOWN OF THE PRESIDENCY.
Makes him sound like a dumb high-school drop-out... sure doesn't sound eloquent to my ears. Makes him sound stupid and uneducated. Yeah, I can believe his speeches are written for him, but his speech writers don't use very good grammare either.
This make Obama look and sound like a total fabrication of the media and Madison Avenue marketing -- and the first real affirmative action president.
Mr Obama was so delighted he has already put it in pride of place in the Oval Office on the Resolute desk which was carved from timbers of Gannet’s sister ship, HMS Resolute.
Another treasure given to the U.S. President was the framed commission for HMS Resolute, a vessel that came to symbolise Anglo-US peace when it was saved from ice packs by Americans and given to Queen Victoria.
Finally, Mr Brown gave a first edition set of the seven-volume classic biography of Churchill by Sir Martin Gilbert.
The rejection of the bust has left some British officials nervously reading the runes to see how much influence the UK can wield with the new regime in Washington.
The offending souvenirs? Toy models of Marine One, the President's helicopter — gifts no doubt plucked from the White House gift shop at the last minute, The Times decided.
Brown's wife, Sarah, by contrast arrived with dresses for Sasha and Malia from the UK's trendy Top Shop (with matching necklaces) and a selection of books by British authors.
"A bit of thought had clearly gone into choosing them," crowed The Daily Mail. "Lovely."
Now anyone of these things amounts to a problem, but when you look at all of the mistakes the White House has made when it comes to handling protocol it sure looks like the wheel at 1600 Pennsylvania is turning but the hamster is dead. Between the White House Social Secretary, Desirée Rogers, and Ambassador Capricia Penavic Marshall in Office of the Chief of Protocol at the State Department (who to be fair took over in August from acting Chief of Protocol Gladys Boluda) these gift and protocol issues are supposed to be taken care of. Clearly there's been a big breakdown -- though I will note Ms. Rogers sure seems to be good at getting flattering press from Washington's fawning media establishment as a "brand promoter—casting the Obamas as occupants of a 'People's House.'"
FACT: Even as congressional investigators demolish White House explanations for its firing last summer of a key inspector general, new documents show that an entire second area of misleading administration statements has gone largely unexplored. Each new revelation in the case suggests that Gerald Walpin, the fired IG for the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), ought to be reinstated to his job.
- Using the Gulf Oil Spill to promote Green Energy – instead of cleaning it up.
- Thinking the Tea Party is a passing fad – or that they are racists.
- Pulling out of Iraq with no clear victory over insurgent forces.
- Trying to re-write history through speeches – with inaccurate information (i.e. Statue of Liberty)
- Getting a Nobel Prize for being the most ineffective President in the history of the United States, though some say it was for his pigment.
- Putting all legislation on the Internet for five days before it comes to a vote.
- Returning the bust of Churchill to the Brits.
- Giving a collection of DVDs to the British PM.
- Denying the notion of American Exceptionalism.
- Promising to close Gitmo — failing to do so.
- Securing the Olympics for Chicago in 2016.
- Naming numerous Communists/Socialists/Progressives to his various Czar positions and then watching them scurry for cover when Beck begins to call them out, forcing them to resign.
- Government races for NJ, VA and the Senate Seat in Mass.
- The midterm elections, which Obama himself called a shellacking.
- Prediction that stimulus would ensure that unemployment doesn’t exceed 8%.
- Bowing to just about everybody.
- Proposing amnesty for illegal aliens to increase the population of voters for Democrat elections
- Most expensive inauguration. Ever.
- Appointing tax cheat Tim Geithner. Choosing tax cheat Timothy Geithner to be his Treasury Secretary was such an incredible screw up that it deserves it own entry. It's mind boggling that any Administration would choose a tax cheat to run the department that's in charge of the IRS. Moreover, in Obama's case, he has already announced plans for the largest tax hike in American history, nearly a trillion dollars, and the man in charge of that effort doesn't pay his taxes? Prediction: a few years from now, if the New York Times isn't out of business by then, they'll write an article telling you that they're baffled, baffled I tell you, by the massive increase in the number of people cheating on their taxes.
- Appointing under investigation Bill Richardson.
- Appointing tax cheat Tom Daschle.
- Appointing Marc Rich and terrorist pardoning Eric “Nation of Cowards” Holder.
- Appointing Janet “Man Caused Disasters” Napolitano.
- Appointing Hilda Solis (OK, her husband has the tax liens).
- Appointing anti-Semitic Charles Freeman Jr.
- Appointing tax cheat Ron Kirk.
- Appointing fund-raising cheat Gary Locke.
- Appointing under investigation Adolfo Carrion.
- Bumping his head on the Marine One helicopter.
- Banning offshore oil again.
- Funding abortions overseas.
- Using the word “crisis” 25 times in a speech, then later complaining that people are too negative about the economy.
- Letting Nancy Pelosi write the $787 billion “stimulus’ plan.
- Relying on Tim Geithner to explain it.
- Putting Joe Biden in charge of making sure the stimulus money is not — wink, wink, nudge, nudge — misspent.
- Setting the Oval Office thermostat at 80.
- Going to a press conference without a TelePrompTer. I… Uhh… Umm… Could you repeat the question?
- Using a TelePrompTer at a press conference. Big boys don’t need training wheels.
- Opening a press conference with: “Good evening, everybody. Please be seated. Before I take your questions tonight, I’d like to speak briefly.” 1,228 words later he took his first question.
- Ethics waivers.
- Going after Rush Limbaugh.
- Going after Rick Santelli.
- Going after Jim Cramer.
- Trying to run the Census out of the White House.
- Adopting the motto: “Never waste a good crisis.”
- Writing a love letter to Vlad and Dmitry. Obama wrote a "secret" letter to Dmitri Medvedev offering to leave Poland and the Czech Republic twisting in the wind on missile defense in return for Russia's help in stopping Iran from getting nukes. The problem was that the letter went public even as Russia turned down the deal. So, in other words, our friends in Eastern Europe were publicly alerted that we were willing to sell them down the river to the Russians, who they were already afraid of, and yet we got nothing out of the deal. That's a real "welcome to the Big Leagues" maneuver from the Russians for our naive, rookie President.
- Throwing Poland under the bus.
- Throwing Tibet under the bus.
- Throwing Israel under the bus.
- Taking Cuba out from under the bus.
- Ticking off Switzerland by having his tax cheat go after the tax cheats in Switzerland. Cognitive dissonance.
- Saying: “Karzai has a bunker mentality.”
- Reaching out to the Taliban.
- Iran has plans to Marine One helicopters.
- Explaining his refusal to work with Republicans with the words: “I won.”
- Having a BlackBerry that can easily be hacked by the Chinese.
- Saying to the people of Peoria: “If Congress passes our plan, this company will be able to rehire some of the folks who were just laid off.” CEO: No. There will be more layoffs.
- He gave a gift to the “wrong region” to British Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
- Making the president of Brazil change his meeting so O’Bama could celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
- Telling the American people: “You can’t take a trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayers’ dime.” Vegas convention bookings nosedive.
- Serving $100-a-pound wagyu — on the taxpayers’ dime.
- Sending a “reset” button to Russia, presumably to diss the last 70 years of America standing up to communism.
- Having the “reset” button say “overcharged.”
- Taking a 4-day holiday weekend before signing “emergency” legislation.
- Stiffing Chicago for nearly $2 million for that Election Night party.
- Telling Caroline Kennedy she would, you know, make, um a good, you know, senator.
- Bombing Pakistan.
- Sending the bust of Sir Winston Churchill back to the British.
- Telling reporters privately: “President Obama has accomplished more in 30 days than any president in modern history.”
- Walking into a White House window thinking it was a door.
- Signing an order that doctors must perform abortions, in violation of the Hippocratic Oath.
- Signing earmarks while denouncing them.
- Adding signing statements while denouncing them.
- Quadrupling the deficits, while denouncing them.
- Considering having the VA charge veterans for service-related injuries.
- Thanking himself in a Teleprompter malfunction.
- Banning pilots from carrying guns on airplanes.
- Trade war with Mexico over 97 trucks.
- Saying his bowling is “like the Special Olympics.”
- Saying he didn’t know the AIG bonuses were included in the bailout package he signed.
- Banning the press from covering his acceptance of a press association award
- Writing that Jacques Chirac is the president of France.
- Skipping the Gridiron Club dinner.
- He had a meeting last Monday, with the national commander of the American Legion, who said, after the meeting, the President “intended to move forward” with the proposal. Finally, on Wednesday, his press secretary announced, “The president has instructed that its consideration be dropped.” The outrage at the proposal should have been easily predicted. For example, here are some of the comments found in published reports:
- • Eleven veterans’ organizations, in a
letter to the president, wrote the proposal is “a total abrogation of our
government’s moral and legal responsibility” to treat service-connected
• An Amvets spokesman said the proposal “flew in the face of the government’s covenant to care for all service-connected needs of our veterans.”
• A Congressman said, “Our budget cannot be balanced on the backs of our nation’s combat-wounded heroes.”
As far as I’m concerned, this proposal, backed personally and advocated personally by Mr. Obama, shows the incompetence of the White House from Mr. Obama on down.
- Obambi: “Now, movies I've been doing OK [with] because it turns out we got this nice theater on the ground floor of my house … So Star Trek, we saw this weekend, which I thought was good. Everybody was saying I was Spock, so I figured I should check it out and--[the president makes the Vulcan salute with his hand]. So The One likes to be called Mr. Spock, eh? That is bad enough, but the fact that he so automatically called the White House "my house" is simply as arrogant as it comes. It isn't "your" house Mr. President. It's the people's! The man's sense of entitlement is disgusting.
- Obambi: “I used to love Star Trek. You know, Star Trek was ahead of its time. There was a whole--the special effects weren't real good, but the storylines were always evocative, you know, there was a little commentary and a little pop philosophy for a 10-year-old to absorb.” Its amusing that the "Spock" of the White House, the smartest president evah doesn't know the difference between "evocative" and "provocative." By the later half of his sentence Obama clearly meant provocative, not evocative. The word evocative simply means to provoke emotional response or memories. But by focusing on "philosophy" and "commentary" Obama obviously meant that Star Trek provoked thinking so it was intellectually provocative not emotionally evocative. Additionally, how much evoking can a 10-year-old indulge? So, why doesn't the smartest man in the world know the difference between provocative and evocative? Maybe he isn't as smart as the left would have it?
- Obama has as much trouble with numbers as he has with maps. Last March (2008), on the anniversary of the Bloody Sunday march in Selma, Ala., he claimed his parents united as a direct result of the civil rights movement: “There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Ala., because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.” Obama was born in 1961. The Selma march took place in 1965. His spokesman, Bill Burton, later explained that Obama was “speaking metaphorically about the civil-rights movement as a whole.”
- Earlier this month (May 2008) in Cape Girardeau, Mo., Obama showed off his knowledge of the war in Afghanistan by homing in on a lack of translators: “We only have a certain number of them, and if they are all in Iraq, then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.” The real reason it’s “harder for us to use them” in Afghanistan: Iraqis speak Arabic or Kurdish. The Afghanis speak Pashto, Farsi, or other non-Arabic languages.
- Over the weekend (May 2008) in Oregon, Obama pleaded ignorance of the decades-old, multibillion-dollar massive Hanford nuclear-waste cleanup: “Here’s something that you will rarely hear from a politician, and that is that I’m not familiar with the Hanford, uuuuhh, site, so I don’t know exactly what’s going on there. (Applause.) Now, having said that, I promise you I’ll learn about it by the time I leave here on the ride back to the airport.” I assume on that ride, a staffer reminded him that he’s voted on at least one defense-authorization bill that addressed the “costs, schedules, and technical issues” dealing with the nation’s most contaminated nuclear-waste site.
- Last March (2008), the Chicago Tribune reported this little-noticed nugget about a fake autobiographical detail in Obama’s Dreams from My Father: “Then, there’s the copy of Life magazine that Obama presents as his racial awakening at age 9. In it, he wrote, was an article and two accompanying photographs of an African-American man physically and mentally scarred by his efforts to lighten his skin. In fact, the Life article and the photographs don’t exist, say the magazine’s own historians.”
- And in perhaps the most seriously troubling set of gaffes of them all, Obama told a Portland crowd over the weekend (May 2008) that Iran doesn’t “pose a serious threat to us” — cluelessly arguing that “tiny countries” with small defense budgets can’t do us harm — and then promptly flip-flopped the next day, claiming, “I’ve made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave.”
- After doing the "We've got to have this stimulus package passed right this second or the economy is going to explode" routine so convincingly that not one single soul in Congress actually had time to read the entire bill before it was signed, Barack Obama then promptly went on a three day vacation to celebrate before he signed it. If the bill was so important that no one could even have time to read it before it was passed, then why wasn't it important enough for Obama to skip dinner at Table Fifty-Two in Chicago to immediately make it a law?
- In a juvenile stunt, reminiscent of something a third grader might come up with, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton handed Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov a button that was supposed to say "reset." However, incredibly, the word on the button translated to "overcharge," not "reset." Apparently, despite the enormous deficit the government is going to run up this year, Team Obama forgot to budget enough money to hire someone who speaks Russian for the State Department. If only America could just press a button and reset the entire Obama presidency so far and start over.
- When Barack Obama was trying to sell America his stimulus bill that will put the country more than a trillion dollars in debt, he alerted America that, "Caterpillar's chief executive…told him the company will rehire some laid-off workers if the stimulus bill passes." But, when he was asked about Obama's statement, Caterpillar CEO Jim Owens said, "I think realistically no. The truth is we're going to have more layoffs before we start hiring again."
- A large part of Barack Obama's appeal was the idea of racial reconciliation. The implicit deal was that by putting our first black President in office, America would prove once and for all that it wasn't racist, and we could put all this silly squabbling about race in the rear view mirror once and for all. However, not only has it failed to work out that way, Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder issued an an insulting challenge on the topic to the American people, "Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and I believe continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards." Maybe someone should ask the poor guy who did an innocent cartoon for the New York Post that made fun of the stimulus bill and the rampaging monkey that was in the news why people might be afraid to get dragged into a debate about race.
- Typically, Presidents don't pick fights with pundits and talk radio hosts for obvious reasons. It draws more attention to their criticisms, elevates their status, and comes across as thin skinned and a little creepy, much like Richard Nixon's "Enemies list." But, the Obama Administration hasn't figured this out -- yet. They've launched attacks at Rick Santelli, Jim Cramer, and most prominently, Rush Limbaugh. Ratcheting up the creepiness factor a couple of notches in Limbaugh's case, the President of the United States, members of the mainstream media, and liberal interest groups are all coordinating an attack on a private individual for daring to criticize Barack Obama. That sounds more like something that would happen in the old Soviet Union than in the United States. But happily, if you look at the results of the White House campaign, it has backfired in every instance. Rush Limbaugh is on pace to make more revenue by the end of March than he made all last year, there are Santelli inspired "Tea Parties" popping up all across the country, and every criticism of Obama that Jim Cramer utters is now linked by the Drudge Report.
- The first task a new President engages in is bringing a staff on board. After choosing Joe Biden, who has behaved like he was kicked in the head by a horse as a child, things have really gone down hill from there. Bill Richardson quit as Commerce Secretary after coming under investigation. Republican Senator Judd Gregg accepted, then declined Obama's offer to be his Commerce Secretary over irreconcilable differences. Tom Daschle quit after having tax problems. So did Nancy Killefer. Ron Kirk also has tax problems, but he's trying to hang in there like Hilda Solis and another cabinet member who gets his own special entry -- and keep in mind, Obama has a considerable number of positions left to fill. Hey Barry, the word of the day is "vetting." You should look into it.
- George Bush spent a lot of time strengthening our ties to Eastern European nations like Poland and the Czech Republic during his two terms in the White House. Yet, it took Barack Obama less than two months to undo much of Bush’s good work with those nations.
- After making a stink by sending back a Winston Churchill bust, Barack Obama blew off a press conference with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown -- but, the real kicker was the gifts. After Brown presented Obama with a pen holder crafted from the timbers of the 19th century British warship HMS President (whose sister ship, HMS Resolute, provided the wood for the Oval Office's desk), Obama offered up ... 25 DVDs of American movie classics. The Brits offered Obama a thoughtful, priceless gift and he handed them back a bad Netflix queue that was probably picked up at Wal-mart earlier that day.
- He advocates negotiating with terrorists. One week after he told AIPAC, a pro-Israel group, that Jerusalem "must remain undivided," he backpedaled, did a shameless about-face, and now declares that the status of Jerusalem will need to be negotiated in future talks. Obama naively wants to pull our troops out of Iraq without first ensuring stability in the area, which will put all of America at risk.
- Accusing Cambridge, Massachusetts Police Sergeant James Crowley of
When a politician is asked about an ongoing judicial matter it is customary for a politician to say that it is a matter before the court that he cannot comment upon.
- Declaring War on the Fox News Channel
What was the White House thinking when it decided to single out the Fox News Channel for derision? Sure it might have impressed some of Obama's most ardent followers, but as a general rule it's not a good idea to insult the viewing public. After all, Obama won over a lot of FNC viewers when he appeared on The O'Reilly Factor in September 2008.
Missile Defense Programs in Poland & the Czech Republic
It's difficult to see how it is in the interests of the United States to scrap the construction of a missile defense system in Poland and the Czech Republic. In fact, there are only two reasons for President Obama to have made this decision -- to placate Russia and to take yet another swipe at President Bush.
We Will Not Meddle in Iran
So overwhelming has President Obama's desire been to engage Iran he was prepared to throw its democracy activists under the bus even when it became clear its "elections" were a fraud. "It is not productive, given the history of U.S.-Iranian relations to be seen as meddling -- the U.S. president, meddling in Iranian elections," said President Obama last June. But that didn't stop Iran's regime from accusing Obama of meddling, now did it?
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to U.S. Civilian Court
KSM and four co-defendants were quite prepared to plead guilty before a U.S. military tribunal last December. But last November, President Obama came to their rescue and transferred them into civilian court. So now KSM and his lawyers can compromise national security interests and put the Bush Administration's interrogation techniques on trial all in one fell swoop.
President Obama's dumbest decision of 2009 took place his first day on the job. It was a clear message that he does not take terrorism committed in the name of Islamic fundamentalism seriously. If he did then KSM would have his day in court before a military tribunal. Nor would Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab, the man who attempted to blow up Northwest Airlines Flight 253 on Christmas Day, be in a position to ask for a lawyer, maintain his right to be silent while telling us there are others like him.